As a leading supplier of methacrylate chemistry worldwide Röhm has a lot to tell. And that is what we like to do. Please find here our latest press releases.
Safely Navigate the Coronavirus Crisis with PLEXIGLAS®
- Light and pliable—our acrylic glass opens up a multitude of design options
- Extremely shatterproof material
- 30 year non-yellowing guarantee
Important information for our business partners
Röhm GmbH has moved its company headquarters. The move also requires changes to our master data. With immediate effect, Röhm GmbH is entered in the commercial register Darmstadt.
PLEXIGLAS®: Usable for years with the right care
- Acrylic glass is an integral part of daily life
- PLEXIGLAS® offers advantages over glass
- Following care instructions is essential for long-term use
Outstanding aging resistance: New RTI rating for the molding compounds PLEXIMID® and ACRYMID®
- New classification for PLEXIMID® TT50 and ACRYMID® TT50 as high-temperature materials according to UL 746B of up to 130°C
- New RTI rating expands the potential range of applications in the electrical industry for optical components with high temperature requirements
No compromising on quality: all three global production sites of PLEXIGLAS® and ACRYLITE® molding compounds successfully certified according to IATF 16949:2016
- The two US sites in Osceola (production) and Parsippany (administration) have been certified to the IATF 16949:2016 standard
- All three global production sites—in Worms, Shanghai and Osceola—are now certified to IATF 16949:2016
- The Molding Compounds business unit meets the stringent quality requirements of the automotive industry as a sub-tier 1 supplier
CYROLITE® Advanced Medical Acrylics: Röhm selects IMCD as new authorised distributor for the European Market
Effective April 1, 2020, IMCD N.V., headquartered in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), will be marketing and distributing Röhm’s entire portfolio of acrylic-based CYROLITE® copolymers and CYROLITE® MD products for the medical device and diagnostics markets in Europe except Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
PLEXIGLAS® sheets: Increased production in the fight against Covid-19
- Contributing effectively to the containment of coronavirus
- Röhm GmbH scales up production significantly
Röhm donates 2,000 respiratory masks to medical facilities in Worms
- Masks are urgently needed by medical staff in hospitals and doctor's surgeries
Transparent Protection against Viruses
During the coronavirus crisis, safety and health are also top priority at the point of sale. Transparent protective screens made from PLEXIGLAS®, the original acrylic glass from Röhm, ensure the required distance between customers and staff is maintained and are also aesthetically pleasing.
Chlorophilia luminaire from Artemide: design inspired by nature using PLEXIGLAS® molding compound
- The Chlorophilia light made by Artemide is a harmonious triad of lighting technology, material and natural forms
- PLEXIGLAS® offers designers virtually unlimited freedom due to the material’s outstanding formability